As businesses shift towards remote work, they need powerful tools that enable them to communicate, collaborate and solve problems quickly and efficiently. That’s why Kiber and Microsoft Teams™ have joined forces to provide an integrated platform that allows remote workers to connect, share, and interact seamlessly.
With Kiber’s solution and Microsoft Teams™, workers can troubleshoot and resolve issues quickly, reducing downtime and increasing productivity. They can access information hands-free and without interruption, thanks to real-time collaboration tools and easy-to-view documentation.
Moreover, the solution promotes sustainability by reducing the need for travel and associated carbon emissions. By connecting remote workers, Microsoft Teams™ and Kiber make it easier for businesses to reduce their carbon footprint and save money.
Using the Kiber and Microsoft Teams™ solution has resulted in several benefits, including improved collaboration, enhanced productivity, reduced downtime, increased efficiency, and promotion of sustainability by reducing carbon emissions and saving time and money:
- Improve collaboration: Connect with colleagues in real-time to enhance collaboration and problem-solving.
- Enhance productivity: Access information hands-free and without interruption to increase productivity.
- Reduce downtime: Connect with experts in real-time to troubleshoot and resolve issues quickly, reducing downtime.
- Increase efficiency: Streamline processes to reduce the time it takes to complete tasks, ultimately increasing efficiency and reducing costs.
- Promote sustainability: Reduce carbon emissions and save time and money by connecting remote workers through Microsoft Teams and reducing the need for travel.
Here are some use cases where the solution can be applied:
- Assistance during production, including remote inspection of the production phases (QCP/ITP) with your customer and suppliers, as well as remote participation in final acceptance tests (FAT) by all concerned parties (end-user, customer, inspectors, EPC contractor, and other parties).
- Assistance during Engineering, Construction, and Start-up (E&C), including remote assessment of work in progress (supervision) and management of day-by-day issues related to construction/revamping projects within the organization and with subcontractors.
- After Sales Assistance (O&M), including real-time assistance to your field personnel (FSE) for the quick resolution of specific issues, as well as the supply of remote services.
- Inspection, Audit, and Certification, including remote verification of the status of assets/equipment for certification/re-certification purposes, and assessment and virtual qualification of plants and assets.
- Training and Supervision, including field training for your personnel, training of your service network personnel, and supervision of HSE critical activities.
How it works:
It has never been so easy to use this integrated platform. The primary user initiates a Kiber session to connect with the field worker wearing the Kiber helmet. Once the streaming begins, additional users can join the session through Microsoft Teams™.
By using the Teams link, users can view the real-time stream from the Kiber Helmet or the Handcam. The platform also allows for the easy sharing of documentation that can be viewed hands-free from the visor. Additionally, field workers can receive specific guidance and instructions through Microsoft Teams to help them resolve issues more efficiently and safely.
Kiber’s solution and Microsoft Teams™ offer a seamless and powerful way for remote workers to collaborate and problem-solve. By leveraging the capabilities of both platforms, businesses can create a more sustainable, efficient, and interconnected workforce.