Kiber 3 kit equipment has many features that enable your workforce to a better, safer remote visual inspection . But which one are the most important features included in this equipment and why augmented reality is becoming so crucial in this field?
Joining the Fourth Industrial Revolution, which includes the enormous steps forward in hi-tech fields such as robotics, AI, virtual reality, augmented reality and so on, it’s becoming one of the most important, if not the most important mission for many industries and businesses.
In this article we are going to talk about one specific technology and inspection technique that has made tremendous improvements in the last decades and that now has become one of the most useful tools in the hands of our engineers and specialized workforce.
Today we are speaking about remote visual inspection equipment, and the best features to perform it thanks to augmented reality tech
What Does It Mean To Perform A Remote Visual Inspection?
A Remote Visual Inspection, also known as RVI, is a nondestructive testing technique already used for almost 50 years.
RVI is included in a category called Nondestructive Testing (NDT) focused on a non-invasive inspection approach used to evaluate the properties of a component, material or entire systems
As a matter of fact, we can trace it back to the 70s, and it is performed since then using a variety of tools such as:
- Various form of borescopes
- Remote Operated Cameras
- Robotic Crawlers
- Thermal Scanners
Today, we are developing and mixing up those tools with augmented reality tech to obtain maximum results with minimum efforts. To reach these goals, we are using a powerful AR equipment that we are going to analyze together.
Best Features Of A Remote Visual Inspection Equipment
As of today, augmented reality gives us a plethora of possibilities to evolve and upgrade our existing methodology to perform remote visual inspection equipment, and our Kiber 3 kit is the perfect example to demonstrate this statement.
Developed by VRMedia, a deep-tech company born as a spin-off from the University of Sant’Anna of Pisa, it’s the third generation of the so called “all-in-one solution” augmented reality tech, and it’s perfect to perform RMI.
The kit includes very important features such as:
- An all-in-one solution that includes in an unique format both hardware and software
- A 150° vision wide camera perfect to let you, and your remote expert connected to you to understand if everything is fine with that area or inspected machinery, otherwise the remote user will address the issue with augmented reality tools such as on-video images, digital drawings, live annotations and much more
- a long-life battery capable of hours and hours of high-performances before recharging
- an handcam empowered by thermal imaging for most accurate and specialized remote visual inspections when required
- maximum cyber-safe system supported by a web-based solution using WSS (SSL) encryption protocol, one of the best tested cryptography to avoid sensitive information leaking outside
- multiple video conferencing to make possible multitasking for your key working figures
- session recording which will be stored and used or review later at any time
- 4gb Local Storage that allow access to documentation and data stored anytime in stand-alone mode so that your workforce will have an “instant expertise” even when they are not connected to a remote user
Importance of a Remote Visual Inspection (RVI) Equipment In 2021
With all that being said, we have to rethink our contemporary times and how to deal with all that is going on right now in the world.
The world is still struggling with a Coronavirus Pandemic which is putting many restrictions on public gathering (even in workspace) and travels, and revolutionizing our life, shaping the so-called “new normal”.
In this context, a proper remote visual inspection equipment will bypass many restrictions and challenges that we are facing right now related to social distancing and travel bans.